MEMBERS OF EWB-UR
Executive Board 2018
president - Ndeye Fatou Baka Diop
- Major(s): Chemical Engineering, Minor in Business
- Hometown: Dakar, Senegal
- Interests/Hobbies: Reading, Dancing, Hair and Global politics
- Why join EWB: I randomly signed in as I missed the activities fair but I remained in the club because I like contributing to a group that makes a difference. EWB inspires me to act, no matter how small available resources can be.
Business Manager - Rose Cricchio
Secretary - Leonor Teles
- Major: Biomedical Engineering
- Hometown: Lisbon, Portugal
- Interest/Hobbies: GlobeMed, Volleyball, Playing the flute, hiking, reading a book, attending summer festivals, spending a day at the beach
- Why join EWB: I joined EWB because I wanted to be involved in an organization that combines activism and fight for global health equity with engineering. EWB is a great example of how a group of students can apply what they have learnt in class to help change the world and improve the lives of a community we've built a trust relationship with.
Program Coordinator - Ab Salazar
- Major(s): Computer Science (B.S), Economics(B.A)
- Hometown: New York City, NY
- Interest/Hobbies: Basketball, Hip Hop, Money
- Why join EWB: For the ability to make a difference in my parents’ native country. I enjoy using all of the problem solving skills I learn in the classroom and apply them abroad.
PMEl - Melissa Gomez
- Major: Mechanical Engineering
- Hometown: Brooklyn, New York
- Interests/Hobbies: I like to read in my spare time and watch funny videos
- Why join EWB: I joined EWB because I knew I would be able to apply my engineering knowledge to real world problems. I also joined because I like that fact that we are able to help communities in need.
Project Lead - Andrew Balogh
- Major: Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Hometown: Averill Park, New York
- Interests/Hobbies: Soccer, Beekeeping, and Running
- Why join EWB: I joined EWB to learn how to take what I am learning in the classroom and use it to work on projects for the benefit of the global community. The fact that this is done by working with a fantastic group of motivated and creative students is a great bonus.
Events Coordinator - Emily Schiller
- Major(s): Chemical Engineering, Minor in American Sign Language
- Hometown: Medford, Long Island, New York
- Interests/Hobbies: ASL Club, AIChE, Golf, Playing the Violin, Reading, and Robotics
- Why join EWB: I joined EWB because I wanted to contribute to a wholesome cause and use the skills that learn in my engineering courses to help enhance the lives of people around the world.
Publicity Coordinator - Matthew Sundberg
- Major: Computer Science (B.S.)
- Hometown: Corvallis, Oregon
- Interests/Hobbies: Graphic and web design, Movies, Music
- Why join EWB: My RA brought me to a meeting and I stuck around. It's great to be able to use a hobby of mine to help raise awareness of this great cause.